“The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way it treats its animals”
~ Mahatma Ghandhi
Ponsonby Veterinary Centre was set up with this quote in mind!
In 1984, the States of the Council of Europe declared that: “Man has a moral obligation to respect all living creatures, in that they have a special relationship with man in contributing to the quality of life.“
Our clients can expect to receive help and information on any topic concerning their pet’s health. The centre is equipped to perform all forms of surgical and diagnostic procedures. In fact we have ‘state of the art’ anaesthetic and monitoring equipment for safe and effective anaesthesia for pets of all ages. We also advise pre-anaesthetic blood screening to further reduce anaesthetic risk.
The centre is divided into two sections: The clinic, where the reception, shop and consulting rooms are located and the hospital, which contains the sterile operating suite and a preparation/hospitalisation area. The hospital has been designed to enable us to give your pets the maximum of care when they require surgery or hospitalisation.
The staff at Ponsonby Veterinary Centre believe in treating your pets as if they were members of their own family. We will recommend the same procedures and products we would want for our own pets and emphasize preventative care.
Our mission is to maximize the health and well being of your pet.
To achieve this goal, we pledge to:
- Provide a friendly and comfortable environment for our clients and their pets.
- Have courteous, caring and knowledgeable staff, who are eager to be of service.
- See our appointments promptly.
- Provide client education about pet care and preventative medicine.
- Maintain the highest ethical and medical standards.
- Constantly implement the latest in veterinary medical advancements to properly diagnose, treat and care for our clients’ pets.
- Strive to continually enhance the quality of our service.
- Respect the trust and loyalty of our clients.
- Communicate openly and honestly.
Our goal will be achieved when we have exceeded our client’s expectations and they are comfortable referring family and friends to the Ponsonby Veterinary Centre.